The great thing about digital marketing is that you can get statistics for everything. In this blog post, we'll go over statistics that will hopefully help you become a better marketer.
To make it easier, we have divided the statistics into different main headings.
For anyone working in SEO, there are plenty of useful SEO statistics that will help you make the right decisions and maybe even help you get your employees to understand the value. Read more below:
- 96% of all internet searches are done on smartphones and 94% of all internet searches on all devices are done on Google.
- 72% of marketers agree that the relevance of the content they produce is the single biggest factor in doing well in SEO. SEO experts agree that writing content that focuses on a specific search term is better than writing content that only tries to include the specific keywords in a text when it comes to driving traffic to, say, a specific web page.
- 93% of all website traffic comes from search engines.
- About 50% of all Internet searches are for four words or more.
- About 50% of all domains on the first page of Google have SSL certificates, i.e. HTTPS. If a website does not have https , 84% of all visitors cancel their purchase.
- Most experts agree that a blog post should be between 1000 to 1500 words to maximise SEO results.
- Updating an old blog post with new information can increase the effectiveness of your organic search results by 74%. Yet only 55% of marketers republish.
- The number of inbound links for a company's website can increase by up to 97% if they have a blog.
Content Marketing Statistics
- Content Marketing generates 3 times more leads than paid search (e.g. via Google Ads) and costs 62% less!
- SMEs with a blog receive 126% more leads than those without a blog.
- 77% of Internet users read blogs.
- Companies that publish 16 or more blog posts per month get about 3.5 times more traffic to their website compared to companies that publish 0-4 blog posts per month.
- 76% of all buyers are willing to give out their information in exchange for a whitepaper, for example. About 63% of all buyers are almost as willing to give out information in exchange for an e-book or similar
- 63% of marketers say their biggest content marketing challenge is driving traffic and generating leads.
- 47% of all buyers visited at least 3-5 different articles, blogs or pages before deciding to contact and talk to a seller.
- The most successful B2B marketers spent 42% of their total marketing budget on content creation.
- Blogs with images get 94% more views than text-only blogs. Blogs with video can increase organic searches by up to 157%
- The average time someone spends reading a blog post is 37 seconds. The conclusion that can be drawn from this is that visitors mainly skim through a blog post to find the most relevant part.
- 81% of all Internet users consider blog posts to be a relevant source of information or advice that they trust.
- Publishing daily on a blog can generate 5 times more traffic compared to those who do not publish daily.
- A list with an uneven number of points will outperform a list with an even number of points by about 20%. More than a third of all Internet users (36%) prefer the list format of articles to the headline and text-based format.
- Only about 20% of all visitors will read a text on a page, but 80% of all visitors will watch a video. So if you're reading this blog post, you're actually one of the few who actually read a text-based blog post :)
Other Digital Marketing Statistics
- About 49% of all companies use some form of Email Automation.
Statistics are always good to use to improve your own activities or as a selling point to colleagues to do one or not do the other.
Feel free to use the above statistics and we will of course update this blog post as soon as we come across new interesting statistics. It is therefore a good idea to come back here to see what new information is available.
Hope you have gained value from this blog post on statistics for digital marketing. If you have any questions or concerns, always feel free to get in touch with any of us here at Contitude.