Initially, it takes a relatively long time to just get started and start working with Marketing Automation. It is difficult to give an exact figure as it depends on your level of ambition. Many people think that it is enough to get a Marketing Automation system and then it's done. Unfortunately, this is not true.
Instead, think of it as something that will take time and effort at the beginning, but is then meant to make your marketing work easier and more effective. This will be possible as you automate more parts that you have probably done manually before. In addition to streamlining your marketing, you will also make it easier for your sales staff.
The idea of Marketing Automation is to weave together the marketing and sales functions so that you become a more aligned team to achieve your goals together.
With the help of a Marketing Automation system, you will be able to follow your leads on their buying journey until they become customers and then effectively work on additional sales afterwards.
If you want to learn more about Marketing Automation, I recommend you to read this article: The Value of MarketingAutomation
7 tips before you start working with Marketing Automation:
- Get a system that suits your needs (many people often buy too big systems where many functions are not used)
- Make sure it integrates with your existing systems or can replace them
- Choose a system that has both CRM and Marketing Automation. Or that the Marketing Automation system can be easily integrated with your current CRM
- Make sure that implementation and integration are included, or that this help is available, so you don't have to bring in expensive consultants afterwards
- Also make sure that templates are created that you can use and duplicate when you want to create new funnels and workflows. If you want to know what a funnel is, please read this blog post: What is a funnel?
- Keep in mind that you will need a lot of content in order to succeed with your Marketing Automation in the long run.
- Go through an agency that can help you when you run into patrols. It will make the work flow more smoothly.
Our best advice is to start small and then scale up slowly but surely. It's also important to get everyone in your company on board when it comes to your Marketing Automation journey. It will make things a lot easier. Put together a small team suggesting one from marketing, one from sales and one from management. If Marketing Automation is done correctly, there is a great opportunity to create more warm leads for sales and a better possibility to analyse all activities and then in the long run be able to see the ROI of all Marketing Automation work. For example, you will be able to see if a deal came from either LinkedIn, SEO or Google Ads. Based on this you can then decide where to spend your marketing money.
Make Marketing Automation part of your way of working. It will take a lot of time at first but then it will save you time and hopefully generate more business. You'll also get a clearer picture of what your efforts are delivering and will therefore be able to deliver better reports and analysis to management.
If you would like help getting started with Marketing Automation or would like to discuss something, please feel free to do so with us. You can book a free consultation below or try chatting with us.